Friday, February 5, 2010

Ode to the Teachers - On Intention and Reflection

So, I was recently honored by being nominated for a Golden Apple Award and for one of my application essays I was asked to write about a favorite teacher. For a few weeks I was lost in thoguht about WHO I should write about- sadly I have not had too many great teachers that I remember, which is in fact one of the many reasons I wanted to be a teacher, to give my students what I never felt I had. Then I found myself in yoga class on a cold Wednesday night and I realized - my favorite teachers have always been my yoga teachers! They give me confidence to take risks, try new things and never stop learning and growing - much like I do for my students...so thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment